This position is ideal for recent design graduates and students who are seeking to gain an insight into life in a commercial environment. The internship will provide a valuable opportunity to get hands-on design experience in the healthcare industry. You will work closely with our Visual Communication Team in the UK as well as with our scientific staff in Singapore to deliver high-quality design support to our services.
The internship is 3 months full-time and the position is immediately available. The stipend for interns is 1,200 SGD per calendar month, and you will be entitled to statutory holiday. There is a possibility of extending the internship or to apply for a full-time position if deemed successful by both parties.
To support our scientific team in the development of:
- Creative visualisation of scientific data (including infographics, iconography, and medical illustrations)
- Posters and marketing materials for scientific exhibitions and conferences
- Content for slidesets and apps
KLD is looking for a dynamic and personable project director to lead our team of lighting designers in our projects from early conception to successful site completion. His or her role will be across the whole project spectrum; externally to manage and coordinate, consult with the client and the client’s project team, the project’s site contractors and the lighting suppliers involved; internally to motivate, stimulate and guide our lighting design team to creative and high quality deliverables, commensurate with a professional and internationally respected lighting design practice. In addition to leading the design team, he or she will also be tasked with assisting the principal and office manager in further developing business opportunities for the company.
- Business Manager, Designer, Engineer, Interior Designer, Architect, Industrial Designer or similar profile, knowledge of applied lighting design preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
- Enthusiasm, passion, great determination and personal commitment to complete projects successfully
- Analytical and social skills with an ability to judge and react diplomatically but decisively to manage clients expectations and ensure good management of the projects
- Experience of follow-up and on-site assistance lighting adjustment is required
- Understanding / experience in lighting physics, photo metrics and knowledge of lighting calculation software applications a plus
- Understanding / experience in architectural drawing, graphic and computer software programs (AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe, Office, etc.) required.
- Internationally-oriented open minded personality
- Professional knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Ability and capacity to coordinate within the company with the team and the principal in order to achieve the best project outcome for our clients
- Management, organization and leadership skills allowing for the smooth and effective management of our team and projects
- Great sense of responsibility and determination to take up a key position in our practice with potential growth to partnership
- Team player with autonomous attitude
- Management, judgement and decision-making skills allowing to handle arbitrations with clients and/or enterprises
About Indesign Media
Indesign Media Asia Pacific is a niche design and architectural media house that produces events, print and online magazines in the Asia Pacific region with offices nationally in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
You will be a part of our fun-loving yet professional editorial team, sourcing materials and managing content, liaising with clients on advertorial and campaign content, and assisting the editors to produce the titles efficiently, on budget and on deadline. The title you will primarily be focused on is Cubes Indesign. The position also requires high-level writing skills and the ability to manage editorial and budget spreadsheets, along with a keen eye for detail when sub-editing and assembling product schedules. The love of architecture and design will see you enjoy this role!
What will you do?
- PRINT: Material sourcing, dissections, design and product news, advertorials, approvals and fact checking.
- ONLINE SUPPORT: Liaise with online re cross content.
- CONTENT PRODUCTION: Support editors in sourcing and writing for client campaigns.
- GENERAL ADMIN: Invoicing, commissioning, image sourcing, resizing.
- EVENTS: Attend industry events and support the production of Indesign media events.
Your skills and experience
- Experience in an editorial or journalism role (i.e. creating content, sub-editing).
- Outstanding writing skills and well-developed communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Indesign and Photoshop.
- Have intermediate MS Office skills.
- Excellent time-management skills including the ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks within stringent deadlines.
- Be accurate, careful and methodical in work output with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the industry and experience writing about architecture and design.
- Education in architecture/design will be beneficial.
Why you will love Indesign Media
At Indesign you will become part of a leading Asia-Pacific media house. You will work with leading global brands and have support from a great team of dynamic and passionate individuals. Most importantly, being a boutique and independently owned media house with a global footprint allows our team to have the best of both worlds: an agile business where your opinion matters, and the opportunity to learn on a global scale. Sounds like a great place to work? We think so. If you do too then we encourage you to apply. Please provide a cover letter and your CV.
Email to: email@example.com